Roll for Shoes is a tabletop RPG “micro system” with a very simple set of rules.
The original post can be found at “I roll to see if I have shoes on!”, but here are the seven rules:
- Say what you do and roll a number of d6s.
- If the sum of your roll is higher than the opposing roll, the thing you wanted to happen, happens.
- The number of d6s you roll is determined by the level of the skill you have.
- At start, you have only one skill: Do anything 1.
- If you roll all sixes, you get a new skill specific to the action, one level higher than the one you used.
- For every roll you fail, you get 1 XP.
- XP can be used to change a die into a 6 for advancement purposes only.